Please note: You are required to wear a mask at all FWP sites even if you are vaccinated.
If you need crisis counseling or shelter, call our 24-hour hotline 1-845-450-6067 (HELP).
If you are a new client seeking counseling, advocacy, or safety planning assistance, please contact us at (845) 450-6067 .
If you are a new client seeking legal assistance, please call (845) 450-6067 .
HOW FWP IS RESPONDING:
Families with Pets staff continue to to ensure that we are able to meet the needs of all survivors of domestic violence and homlessness with pets who come to us for help during the current global health crisis.
Families with Pets is very much open.
- Our emergency shelter remains a safe haven for individuals and families who need to escape their current living situation. Our heroic shelter team are keeping our shelter open and safe, and supporting residents with care and respect through a rapidly evolving situation.
- Our 24-hour hotline – 1-800-000-0000 (HELP) – remains operational to provide advice, guidance, and safety planning.
- Our legal team continues to provide remote consultation and advice for both current and new clients.
- Our counseling team has adapted to a remote model of support. Our children’s counseling program continues to provide play therapy and other support through group chat, always keeping safety and privacy at the forefront.
- Our Domestic Violence Education and Prevention (DVEP) team continue to reach students and teachers remotely through our e-healthy relationship workshop curriculum.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
As we continue to struggle and adapt to our “new normal,” a multitude of critical needs have arisen for which we need the support of our friends in the community.
- Please consider making a gift to FWP today. Because our fundraising activities have been severely hampered, we need your help to keep essential services operational and to ensure that FWP comes through this crisis strong.Click here to read our latest appeal.
- Check out the many ways that you can volunteer remotely and continue to support our clients from your own home. From sending letters and pictures, to creating a family athletic event, to sharing our posts on social media, there are so many ways to show that you care.
- Support the individuals in shelter by purchasing gift cards through our Amazon Wishlist. Gift cards are critical to our families’ ability to purchase necessary personal items at this time.
MORE FWP UPDATES:
FWP and our clients continue to face many challenges. Click here to read more.
Read an important message from our CEO, (English and Spanish versions are available).